Now, that I’ve shared my testimony with you, I’d like to offer you links to resources for those of you who have ever struggled with addictions, depression, unexpected or unwanted pregnancy, etc.
Please remember that your local church should offer counseling services and if they don’t, they should be able to point you in the right direction. If you’re in search of a Crisis Pregnancy center or shelters be sure to check out Lifecall Resources which has names, addresses, and contact information by state.
Suggested Reading (In Addition to the Bible)
- The Cost of Discipleship, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, by Francis Chan
- Don’t Waste Your Life, by John Piper
- Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit, by Francis Chan
- Missional Motherhood: The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God, by Gloria Furman
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships, by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
- Every Woman’s Battle: Discovering God’s Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment, by Shannon Ethridge
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, by Gary D. Chapman
Bible Studies for Small Groups
- God of Creation: A Study of Genesis 1-11, by Jen Wilkin (LifeWay product)
- Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples, by Francis Chan
- Refresh: The Road to Revival, by Michael Catt (LifeWay product)
Biographies, History & Missions